This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - OleLookOe
test2-20120807 definitely better, than previous.
But...another one wifi disconnect report.
And after disconnection and log generation I had to enable\disable wifi to restore connection, router was invisible by phone. The problem is not with the access point, I think so, because the laptop all this time was connected to an access point using Wi-Fi, and connection was used without any problems.
About the Wi-fi disconnection: Try do this, Configuration -> Network -> Wi-fi configuration -> Press Menu Button -Thanks for the advice, always tune wifi that way. The problem is obviously something else.
A regular log from EuropaParts will be fine - be sure to take it just after the wifi disconnects. You tested the vanilla build and some hotfixes - this problem didn't happen in those?Before i have used vanilla build with hf 1e, there was some similar problem with wifi, but I was unsure with this, because my usual link was 3G during almost 3 weeks. Now I'm using wifi intensively, so, problems with this type of internet connection more visible.
OK, will try to report with log ASAP.
« on: July 12, 2012, 04:39:25 AM »
My wifi enabled almost always and phone usually starts with wifi enabled. No lags and no performance difference with wifi permanently swithed off.
But yes, some seconds (well, about 30 seconds) after enabling wifi some lags detected. There is no difference (or maybe just a little difference) if we turn accounts synchronization off.
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:12:05 PM »
1. It works fine for me. If you have the USB cable connected during reboot, then of course, it will only shutdown. This is a "feature" of this phone's bootloader, and has nothing to do with the ROM.1. Thanks for info
2 and 3. Sorry for bothering you, probably it's really problem with my SD card. Card almost killed by so many backups and restore But why none of application report about errors? Partition, format, check, write check - all ok with external tools.
Anyway, logcat attached.
« on: July 11, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
« on: July 11, 2012, 06:12:08 AM »
0708 hf1C, some bugs:
1. "Reboot" does not reboot, just shutdown.
2. After fresh installation S2E does not detect sd-ext partition biggest than 512 mb.
Howto reproduce this bug
- do clean install
- reboot in recovery and format sdcard with ext size 1024
- install s2e, check "mount as ext4"
- reboot, run s2e and look at sd-ext information, sd-ext will not exist
- reboot in recovery, format sdcard again with sd-ext partition size 512 mb, wipe dalvik
- boot normally, start s2e - now sd-ext is visible
3. Mobile ODIN cannot flash modem, Rom manager script report an error, recovery.log attached.
(Yes, I know, it is possible that my SD card is broken, I haven't another one to test. But in many other situations external programs does not report errors about this SD card. )
There is a BIG difference between JP4 and JP9 radio modules, last one is a LOT faster and stable in my phone. With JP4 had even some wifi connestion losts.
« on: July 10, 2012, 02:57:11 AM »
hf1c, first impression - excellent performance and stability.
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »
Based on the fact that the most likely problems associated with high IO, I use the following technique for stress testing:
- disable compcache, enable swap
- with s2e move everything to sd-ext (applications, app-data, dalvik)
- run few CPU and memory hungry applications
- try to slide screens, startup dialer, etc
hf1A in this situation more renponsive, yes. But if you move app-data from sd-ext to phones memory, hf1B will looks definitely stable, responsive and better in many ways.
« on: July 09, 2012, 05:52:01 AM »
Overall stability greatly improved, for both HFs
Phone with 0708 hf1A much more responsive, especially in situations of lack of memory.
Will continue testing.