Author Topic: [Dev] CyanogenMod 7.2.0+ Galaxy5 Port  (Read 2117598 times)

Offline Dudu Maroja

• View Profile
Re: [Development] CyanogenMod 7.1 "Galaxy5" Port
« Reply #990 on: July 26, 2011, 01:40:19 AM »
I do not know if I'm talking nonsense,
this happened to me after compache disable, after enable standby stopped draining

COMCACHE uses CPU to compact data on MEMORY!

you have to use Comcache, Swap (mad2sd) or none. using both will only wast (A LOT) of batery!

comcache is recomended for really old cellphones like the 1st generation, g5 wont go in that category!

edit: using only Swap, no comcache,  thats a screenshot

Note: disabled wifi and 3g when not needed,
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:43:52 AM by Dudu Maroja »

Offline alexis™

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 26, 2011, 01:47:47 AM »
thanks for the advice but now i don't think the muting bug is caused by baseband. that's because i flashed my samsung stock rom and it uses JP7 as stock baseband. when using this rom (and, naturally, JP7 baseband) the problem didn't occurr however when i tested that baseband (JP7) with cyanogenmod rom i got that bug.

for now i'm using the stock rom to know definitely if it's some incompatibility or something i'm doing or a hardware problem.

formerly when i used samsung stock (official rom) with JP2 there was no problem. but when i changed to CM rom, the baseband (JP2 and a few others) gave me problems, like gps bugs, sleep bugs, etc. i tried many basebands, and finally JP6 suits my phone till now (with CM roms) without much issues.

correct me if i'm wrong, i have read somewhere that Gingerbread is sensitive to basebands. my opinion is that there is no harm trying JP6 baseband since your current baseband gives you so much problems. as the sayings goes..." You never know till you have tried"   ..right?

anyway, all the best to you.  :)

EDIT : oh ya, i've posted the link in the Baseband thread. it is actually the official stock froyo rom for Malaysia. what i did was i flash the whole rom (which is froyo) to get the baseband, and then re-flashed back to CM.

i have requested Dashblack to extract the baseband out (as i don't know how) and upload for sharing, but it seems he (Dashblack) didn't notice my post or whatever.

perhaps someone here could download the link i provided and extract out the baseband...?

Offline xfox26

• Battle Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 26, 2011, 02:26:40 AM »

you have to use Comcache, Swap (mad2sd) or none. using both will only wast (A LOT) of batery!

comcache is recomended for really old cellphones like the 1st generation, g5 wont go in that category!

My screenshot,
Swap OFF
Compcache OFF
Wi-FI Always On (sleep policy = Never)
3G always OFF

Offline felipe

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 26, 2011, 02:36:21 AM »
formerly when i used samsung stock (official rom) with JP2 there was no problem. but when i changed to CM rom, the baseband (JP2 and a few others) gave me problems, like gps bugs, sleep bugs, etc. i tried many basebands, and finally JP6 suits my phone till now (with CM roms) without much issues.

correct me if i'm wrong, i have read somewhere that Gingerbread is sensitive to basebands. my opinion is that there is no harm trying JP6 baseband since your current baseband gives you so much problems. as the sayings goes..." You never know till you have tried"   ..right?

anyway, all the best to you.  :)

EDIT : oh ya, i've posted the link in the Baseband thread. it is actually the official stock froyo rom for Malaysia. what i did was i flash the whole rom (which is froyo) to get the baseband, and then re-flashed back to CM.

i have requested Dashblack to extract the baseband out (as i don't know how) and upload for sharing, but it seems he (Dashblack) didn't notice my post or whatever.

perhaps someone here could download the link i provided and extract out the baseband...?

i appreciate your help ^^ i extracted its baseband to test on my g5. i hope it works ok now. i'll post a link later, in the baseband thread. thanks!
You gonna trust me? I lie about everything. - Dr. House

Offline lobaosao

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:32 AM »
Please, explain clearly what you did step by step if you want us to help...

Flash the .tar with odin..after that, it should go to recovery, datawipe/factory reset, and you can install the hotfix..

It was with this so I Froyo 2.2, then decide to switch to v0.9 Gingerbread with hotfix 6, as I installed ...

1° I downloaded all necessary files from gingerbread.
2° I gave the flash odin with tar "ClockworkMod v0.4" and after I waited ClockworkMod load.
3° After this was the option "install zip from sdcard"
4° selected "choose zip from sdcard" and went to the folder you created and where to install the files contained the gingerbread.
5° installed in sequence

1 - update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-MADTEAM-v0.9-signed.zip
2 - v0.9-hotfix6.zip
3 - GAPPS-gb-20110613-signed.zip

6° after the procedure back to the main menu and select "Wipe data / factory reset" and then select "Yes - delete all user data."
7° back from the menu again and went on to "reboot system now".

After rebooting it seems Samsung and Samsung seems again and after it is caught in a black screen and nothing happens.

Thanks anyone who can solve the case please help me ...

Offline felipe

• View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 26, 2011, 03:08:37 AM »
It was with this so I Froyo 2.2, then decide to switch to v0.9 Gingerbread with hotfix 6, as I installed ...

1° I downloaded all necessary files from gingerbread.
2° I gave the flash odin with tar "ClockworkMod v0.4" and after I waited ClockworkMod load.
3° After this was the option "install zip from sdcard"
4° selected "choose zip from sdcard" and went to the folder you created and where to install the files contained the gingerbread.
5° installed in sequence

2 - v0.9-hotfix6.zip

6° after the procedure back to the main menu and select "Wipe data / factory reset" and then select "Yes - delete all user data."
7° back from the menu again and went on to "reboot system now".

After rebooting it seems Samsung and Samsung seems again and after it is caught in a black screen and nothing happens.

Thanks anyone who can solve the case please help me ...

you must wipe data before flashing cyanogen (do that before step 3), not after flashing cyanogen. after flashing 0.9 + hf6 + google apps, just reboot your phone and be happy! :)    when you wipe data, you "uninstall" froyo rom

so you should follow these steps

1° download all necessary files.
2° flash with odin the "ClockworkMod v0.4" and wait ClockworkMod load
3º select "wipe data/ factory reset" and then "yes - delete all user data"
4° After this select the option "install zip from sdcard"
5° select "choose zip from sdcard" and go to the folder you created and select the files you've downloaded containing the cyanogen.
6° install in sequence

2 - v0.9-hotfix6.zip

7° go back to the menu again and select "reboot system now".

hope i've helped you ^^
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:32:45 AM by felipe »
You gonna trust me? I lie about everything. - Dr. House

Offline lobaosao

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 26, 2011, 04:08:29 AM »
Thank you Felipe, but unfortunately the problem persists. I do not know WHAT to do more.

Offline komiks0916

• www.pinoyhaven.com
    • View Profile
    • Pinoy Haven -  Ang Bagong Tambayan ng Pinoy!
« Reply #997 on: July 26, 2011, 04:39:57 AM »
it just shows the splash screen over and over again? what should i do?  :'(

Offline SHUBH

• Friendly Moderator
  • Madteam Developer
  • MADTeam=Now part of my Life
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [Development] CyanogenMod 7.1 "Galaxy5" Port
« Reply #998 on: July 26, 2011, 04:42:31 AM »
Thank you Felipe, but unfortunately the problem persists. I do not know WHAT to do more.
Again flash CWM 0.4 tar file with odin and do Data wipe again and now in recovery flash with zip file then hotfix zip now you have to wipe again then gapps.zip now reboot don't wipe after gapps ok
Try this

Sent from my Galaxy5

Offline wisanggeni

• hedeh..kapan ane bisa ganti hp???
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 26, 2011, 07:05:02 AM »
in these 2 days i tried to install my girlfriend g5 with this rom, but there is something strange..and it frustrated me somehow..right after i finish my installation, my girls g5 was great, i tried to install every apps and set it the way  she wants it. but right after that i found a problem. if i turn mad2sd on  all the apps i was install was mising like it never been installed b4(just like a deepfreezed). that happened when i tried to turn the mad2sd on later after i install the apps.then i try to turned it on b4 i installed the apps, what happend here is my girls g5 was rejecting every apps i wanted to install. can anyone here help me?or anyone here have a same problem with me.

this problem not appeared in my own g5

note: compatibility mode :on, unknown source: cheked.CWM v04. baseband JPE, sdcard 4gb class 4 formated using CMW 256 swap, 512ext

pardon me for my bad english....
just a little bird learning to fly before finally fell down and die..

lucky4814

« Reply #1000 on: July 26, 2011, 07:17:42 AM »
V0.9 ,Hotfix 6
woah found a very serious problem
I can simply not receive any phone calls!!
i am successfully making calls but when i dialed myself from my mom's cell my g5 just did not receive the call whereas the call tone was heard by me on my mom's cell and here my g5 did not even ring or awake.......
now u can rule out the possibility of wrong number cuz i dialed the number from my mom's cell's received calls directory and i very well know which number am i using......
messages can be received....
another thing is about the graphics.....i encountered this in ver 0.4 too

Psyke please provide a solution
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:11:22 AM by lucky4814 »

Offline SoonS_BR

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 26, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »

Hi man,

I got the same problem but now I am a happy CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1 user.

After wiping out data and cache and BEFORE flashing the ROM try formatting your SD Card while in CWM recovery menu by going into advanced --> Partition SD Card. Choose the values that fit better for your SD Card size (mine is 8Gb, so I to 256Mb for swap, 1Gb EXT4, the rest is FAT32)

now, be careful, I believe this can prevent you from flashing your original ROM back if you need too... I bought an 8Gb SD Card just for this. My original SD Card (2Gb) is preserved...

Hope this can help you.

PS: I am a total newbie when comes to flashing phone ROMs, so take my advice but do it on your own risk.

lucky4814

« Reply #1002 on: July 26, 2011, 08:13:55 AM »
it just shows the splash screen over and over again? what should i do?  :'(
i just solved it(supposing a bootloop) by flashing any madteam rom then the normal cm procedure
Install cwm
then flash in order
1.update v0.9 cm
2.hotfix 6
3.gapps.zip
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:15:31 AM by lucky4814 »

Offline maxakas

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 26, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »
Me too seeing bug that some random time during call other party gets totally muted, I can not hear other party but I suppose he hears me. Hanging up the call and redialing solves problem... Up to the momont the call gets muted again. :(
So, does anybody still thinks this is hardware problem?  Happening with multiple people; most certainly not happened on my phone before 0.9 (dunno if it is there since 0.9 beginning or comes it with some hotfix)...

Offline mpsnet

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 26, 2011, 08:49:39 AM »

1) which the app used to make this graph ?
2) from what I understand, no need to use compache

3)sorry, my bad English