Author Topic: [UPDATED] [Development] CyanogenMod 7.2.0 for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499)  (Read 46687 times)

Offline tionne4u

• View Profile
Re: [DEV] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 "Dart(SGH-T499)" Port
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »
sorr bout t double post. and yeah i have made sure that (only use 2g) is not checked. still no 3g, ive reflashed the stock rom and still no 3g. the phone was brand new when i got it a couple days ago, then i flashed CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 "Dart(SGH-T499)and when it rebooted i noticed my 3g data was gone? no idea what happend. i think im just going to pawn this phone ans start over sux big time. thanx for the help

Offline d1358531

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2012, 07:30:03 PM »
Any idea when DashBlack will be back to port more roms? :D

Offline NotAnAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:01 PM »
First I wanted to take a second and thank everyone who's worked on this mod. Second, after a fashion, I was finally able to get this mod working on my SGH-t499 (Walmart Family Mobile/T-mobile). Just a side note, this was my first every mod endeavor, and aside from a problem in the beginning I was finally able to get everything working.  So, here is what happened, I had the hardest time just getting the phone rooted. I was downloading SuperOneClick, and trying on my laptop, but it would not recognize the phone being plugged in. I finally tried it on another PC and it worked flawlessly. After I got it rooted, I tried to use the Odin one package method, but I had not seen that you had to download Samsung Kies first in order to install the drivers for the phone, when it is in Download mode. Which brought me to the next issue, getting the phone into download mode. I finally read that you have to power it off, then power it back on, but holding down the volume down button. After that, BAM! success. installed ClockWork, then found the link for the mod, installed it from zip on SD Card and rebooted. I was a little sad to see that the Google Apps couldn't be included but I understand why. So just remember to grab the latest google apps pack on the mod download page too, otherwise you'll be looking for the "market" app for quite a while.  So far the only "issue" I've noticed is that the wifi will disappear and in order to get it back I have to completely reboot the phone.  I think this has to do with the screen turning off and the wifi settings but I couldn't locate the settings to enable wifi on all the time. Otherwise, I've really enjoyed the mod and look forward to your updates/new mods for this phone!

Offline NotAnAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2012, 11:06:17 PM »
So far the only "issue" I've noticed is that the wifi will disappear and in order to get it back I have to completely reboot the phone.  I think this has to do with the screen turning off and the wifi settings but I couldn't locate the settings to enable wifi on all the time.

I found the setting. I forgot that I needed to hit the menu button and choose advanced to find the WiFi sleep settings. Changed it and just rebooted phone, and waited for the phone's screen to turn off.  I brought the screen back up and noticed that my cell signal disappears for a moment, then comes back. The WiFi signal indicator completely disappears from the status bar, but the WiFi settings show me as disconnected, and say the SSID/router is now Not in range. But I reboot the phone again and it's back with at least 2 bars of signal.

Offline Westnile

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
Cant wait till link is up again i have 2 darts with cwm on it but the os is messed up I recently did a standard factory reset and it only flashes the samsung logo after the tmobile screen I can still get into the boot manager but thats about it.

Offline Daemon

• die into the eyes of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2012, 04:47:28 PM »
ok that is easy you just go into cmw data wipe ,cache wipe and then your go into advance,Mount SD card , put the cm7 ,gapps and hotfix in your memory card go back to install zip from sd card, install cm7 , hotfix , gapps, data wipe again and reboot , then your have cm7.2  :D :D :D

if you want the stock rom back , go to download mode connect your phone to your pc and open Odin put the correct opss and mark one packet put the stock rom into the one packet place , press start , wait till it is finish, you will get stock on flashing samsung logo , take out your battery ,put it back in press and hold power and up volume bottom till your on the stock recovery factory reset and data wipe , reboot and your ready. ;D ;D ;D ;D

link to cm7.2 , gapps,hotfix : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?21ajsq5fcqbs2zv

Offline Westnile

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2012, 06:51:49 PM »
Thanks for your help daemon appreciate it greatly I am now hopin to fix my laptop so I can resume coding my android app i started 2 months ago lol

Offline NotAnAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2012, 02:18:46 AM »
Quick question, well maybe: I notice that some of the apps that I wanted are not available to this phone even after I got this mod successfully working. Is there a system file that I can edit that will change how the Play Store recognizes this hardware? A friend recommended editing one of the files but I'm not so sure I'd take it that far yet.

Offline Daemon

• die into the eyes of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
 That is in the build prop.

Offline NotAnAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2012, 11:50:29 PM »
That is in the build prop.

Thanks Daemon. Is that something that is relatively simple to change or is that a little more difficult to do?

Offline ChrisAshton84

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2012, 11:33:59 AM »
Hi, first thanks so much for getting a ROM for this phone.  I was going crazy using the stock phone - out of room, etc.  After losing my G2 and picking up the Dart as a temporary replacement it was a shock how restricted these low end Androids are :-/.  Now that I have CM on here though everything is much better!

I'd like to add a second request for Wifi Calling support, and am be set up and willing to test.  The battery is pretty lacking without this - I live in a very low reception area.  Even without using the phone it looses its battery w/in 1 day.  Anyone have this working, or know of somewhere to download it?  Most of the links I run across now are for ICS so I don't know what version we need for CM7 on this phone.

Thanks again!

Offline tarret

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »
Why does the latest release link send me to a google search which has nothing to do with the rom?

Offline Guitarmaniatico

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2012, 04:01:31 AM »

if you want the stock rom back , go to download mode connect your phone to your pc and open Odin put the correct opss and mark one packet put the stock rom into the one packet place , press start , wait till it is finish, you will get stock on flashing samsung logo , take out your battery ,put it back in press and hold power and up volume bottom till your on the stock recovery factory reset and data wipe , reboot and your ready. ;D ;D ;D ;D

I want to go back to stock rom but Odin can't do it, I've followed your instructions with no results. One time Odin closes, and in the second time didn't finished the work. (<1> setup connection....   ) waited for 13 minutes and nothing!
Please help

Offline chriscrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »
So many dead links! WTF?

Offline WJCxD

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2012, 08:03:52 AM »
hey guys i would like to say thanks to every one who made this possible, i have had already installed CyanogenMod 7.2.0 on my dart  :D

but i have 2 question; does this unlock the dart from t-mobie?

it says no coverage when i turn it on, whenit looks for available networks, after 1 min. says: Error while searching for networks.

help me please!
Never Enough.~