Author Topic: [UPDATED] [Development] ClockworkMod Recovery for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499)  (Read 49471 times)

Offline lce67

• View Profile
Re: [Development] ClockworkMod Recovery for SGH-T499
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 10:08:06 AM »
I have same problem.cant do anything in recovery have to pull battry to reboot.

Offline huggs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 02:55:41 PM »
I am having trouble with CWM.  I flashed via odin and once cwm is flashed it reboots the phone.  once i turn off the phone and reboot into recovery every time i select something in recovery i get the error:
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

this occurs on every thing i try to do and i can only turn off the phone with either a battery pull or holding down power.  In reading the comments I saw that I needed to do a data wipe, however I do not know how to do this. i cannot wipe data via cwm and when i tried to do a factory reset in the settings it just took me back to cwm and i got the cant open/cant mount errors again.  im not sure if i am doing something wrong or missing something that is obvious but any help would be appreciated

Are you using the Home button to confirm actions and not the Power button?
With CWM you must use Home, unlike the stock recovery.
Only thing that doesn't work for me is making a nandroid of the stock rom, because /cache cannot be mounted.
Also, don't do a cache or data wipe of the stock ROM in CWM, it will make it buggy or unbootable, at least it does for me.
Rooted SGH-T499 w/CWM 5.0.2.7 /DashBlack's CM7.2
HTC HD2 running 3 different Android roms and Ubuntu 10.10
HTC Rhodium dual booting Windows Mobile 6.5 & Android

http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2283133&tab=aboutme&simple=1

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
When you are coming from stock ROM, those errors are normal. Just download the update.zip of the latest CyanogenMod release and transfer it to the SD Card. Choose Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard. You should be shown with a list of all files on your SD Card. Use the volume buttons to browse to it. Press home to confirm. It should ask you to confirm, select "yes". After the installation is done, go back to the main menu using the back button, select "Wipe data/factory reset". It will ask you to confirm again, so select yes. Now your all done. Just select "reboot system now" You should now be booting into CyanogenMod. If you guys need any help, please join the official MadTeam channel at #gti5500 on webchat.freenode.net

Offline hinzman420

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:39 AM »
aron2252, If you read the CyanogenMod instructions, you have do to a data-wipe. Those errors are fine because the recovery is unable to mount the Samsung stock filesystem RFS.
How did you fix this problem im getting the same thing

Offline t499user

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »
How did you fix this problem im getting the same thing
Well there is no 'fix' for it, just ignore it and follow the directions. :)

Offline NII

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2012, 01:56:20 PM »
my phone can't power on it's blinks after i unlock it and i try to flash it with odin but still blinking pls help me

THANKS VARY MUCH

Offline j.seiscio

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »
already mentioned this to Motafoca in the IRC but the link to v.03 is completely dead

Offline jkriffs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 02:49:14 PM »
hey guys i put on CWM the way stated and wiped date did sd partition and now it wont boot on. if i do normal boot the samsung logo blinks and i can get into download mode and recovery mode and says i have cwm. please help thanks

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
hey guys i put on CWM the way stated and wiped date did sd partition and now it wont boot on. if i do normal boot the samsung logo blinks and i can get into download mode and recovery mode and says i have cwm. please help thanks

Have you installed CyanogenMod?

Offline jkriffs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 05:05:42 PM »
Have you installed CyanogenMod?

what i tired was putting update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-dart-KANG-signed.zip onto sd card and then going into recovery and following the steps and it says status 7 error and aborts install

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 04:26:51 AM »
what i tired was putting update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-dart-KANG-signed.zip onto sd card and then going into recovery and following the steps and it says status 7 error and aborts install

Try formatting each of your partitions once before attempting an install from the mounts and storage menu.

Offline jkriffs

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 09:47:24 AM »
Try formatting each of your partitions once before attempting an install from the mounts and storage menu.
I got it to work also found out that rom manager recognizes phone but lists it as galaxy mini t499 and I'm afraid to do it lol someone try it and let me know how it goes

Offline 31ken31

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
Any working links for v.03 for the recovery? i had to flash back to stock to unlock and now the links dead and i can reinstall cm7.2  :-\

Offline millionwood

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »
could anyone please give a little more step-by-step explanation on

"Flash the .tar file via Odin using the regular "One Package" procedure. Don't forget to specify the TASS_v1.0.ops file in OPS Section."

yes, I am a noob. thanks  :-[

Offline jkriffs

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 03:00:36 PM »
could anyone please give a little more step-by-step explanation on

"Flash the .tar file via Odin using the regular "One Package" procedure. Don't forget to specify the TASS_v1.0.ops file in OPS Section."

yes, I am a noob. thanks  :-[

lol i had the same problem pretty much just open up odin program select one package on the left hand sade next to reboot then on the right side it says "select ops" click it and select the file that shows up should be called TASS_v1.0 then on the bottom it says on pacakge and this is where you selset the cwm file tar and then plug in phone after starting it in download mode then the top left side a box should turn yellow and click start  then wait till your phone turns on and your good to go