Author Topic: [UPDATED] [Development] ClockworkMod Recovery for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499)  (Read 49482 times)

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
ClockworkMod Recovery for Samsung Dart (SGH-T499)
Current release - [CWM Ver. 5.0.2.8] [30th October 2012]

Update: DashBlacK is no longer maintaining this project since he does not have this device anymore. The device sources have been released and anyone else is more than welcome to continue this project.

What is ClockworkMod Recovery? From AddictiveTips:
ClockworkMod – also known as Clockwork and CWM – is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery.

FAQ:
  • Will this overwrite my current ROM? No, it only replaces the (horrible) Samsung recovery partition. The rest of your system will remain untouched.
  • Why don't you support dual filesystems in one package? ClockworkMod doesn't support multiple filesystems properly. I can create a version that can read EXT4 and RFS, but it cannot reformat partitions as RFS.
  • Can I use this to flash regular .tar files in the same way as Odin? No. ClockworkMod uses a completely different (and better) method to update ROMs. The good news, however, is that with a little bit of work, older ROMs can be re-packed in this new .zip update format.
Installation - Odin Method (tar):
Use this method if you have never flashed ClockworkMod recovery to your phone before.
  • Download the latest tar release using the link(s) below. Do not extract any files from the .tar file.
  • Flash the .tar file via Odin using the regular "One Package" procedure.
  • Your phone should now reboot normally. Power off your phone and hold down the recovery key combo (Volume Up + Power) to boot into recovery mode.
  • IMPORTANT: flashing via the .tar method will convert your /cache partition back to RFS. Make sure to "wipe cache" after flashing via the .tar method when it reboots to recovery.
Installation - ClockworkMod method (zip) - not supported currently:
Use this method if you already have ClockworkMod installed, and you wish to update the version that already exists on your phone.
  • Download the latest zip release using the link(s) below.
  • Transfer the .zip file to your SD card. Do not extract the .zip file - only copy it.
  • Reboot into ClockworkMod, choose the option Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard. Select the current release, and confirm the update by selecting Yes. Reboot and enjoy!
Usage:
ClockworkMod Recovery replaces the old "Samsung Recovery Utils for BML" recovery partition, and you can access it in the same ways as before: either via adb reboot recovery, or in the case of CyanogenMod, by choosing Recovery from the Reboot menu.

Once you've entered ClockworkMod Recovery, you will be presented with several options (some familiar, some not). I won't try to explain all of the options, as there are better guides on the internet (example: the AddictiveTips site above). However, these are the ones you should really know about:
  • Wipe data/factory reset - same as before
  • Wipe cache partition - same as before
  • Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard - this is the new method you will be using to flash ROMs and update packages
  • Backup & restore - this menu lets you perform a full backup or restore of your boot, /cache, /data/ & app2sd partition
  • Mounts & storage -> mount USB storage - this lets you enable UMS mode to copy update packages (if you forgot to transfer before rebooting into recovery)
  • Advanced -> partition SD card - this lets you easily partition your SD card for use with any third-party app2sd solutions. It lets you select the size for the EXT4 partition as well as swap. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA ON YOUR CARD BEFORE USING THIS OPTION.
Changelog:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:23:31 PM by DashBlacK »

Offline KainXS

• View Profile
Re: [Development] ClockworkMod Recovery for SGH-T499
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »
its working for me

nice job

Offline aron2252

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »
what about the OPS file? or am i doing something wrong?

Offline taqulic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 02:24:42 PM »
what about the OPS file? or am i doing something wrong?

http://www.madteam.co/forum/development-70/%28archive%29-stock-roms-and-tools/

You must have got Odin from somewhere else..Ops file is here.

Offline aron2252

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 11:42:58 PM »
ok its on my phone but its not working properly  every option goes to the top hat pic and at the bottom it has
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

any ideas what i did wrong?  :'(

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:45 AM »
aron2252, If you read the CyanogenMod instructions, you have do to a data-wipe. Those errors are fine because the recovery is unable to mount the Samsung stock filesystem RFS.

Offline pxnsolid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »
I downloaded everything from the links here. I've followed the thread on xda for some time now. I have my mobilicity samsung galaxy mini rooted, superuser, unlocked, and now want to go ahead with this. But no matter what I've tried, I can't get Odin to recognize my phone. debug mode, not debug mode, boot into recovery plugged or un plugged with without odin already running, plugged and unplugged with it running, nothing, not a hint. i uninstalled kies and reinstalled drivers. i made sure kies isnt running. i cant think of anything else to try. can anyone help me?

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »
I downloaded everything from the links here. I've followed the thread on xda for some time now. I have my mobilicity samsung galaxy mini rooted, superuser, unlocked, and now want to go ahead with this. But no matter what I've tried, I can't get Odin to recognize my phone. debug mode, not debug mode, boot into recovery plugged or un plugged with without odin already running, plugged and unplugged with it running, nothing, not a hint. i uninstalled kies and reinstalled drivers. i made sure kies isnt running. i cant think of anything else to try. can anyone help me?

Are you in download mode?

Offline aron2252

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 10:39:08 PM »
got it working! Thanks for everyone help and hard work.

Offline Operation-A

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:18 PM »
Good to hear that you got it working may it serve you well!  ;)

Offline pxnsolid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 01:51:07 PM »
Are you in download mode?

I have tried in download, either plugged when i boot on or plugging in after i boot on, debug mode turned on after and before plugging in, inn and out of debug while plugged in, rebooting into download mode while plugged... is there something im not getting here?

Offline taqulic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »
 To get mine to work I had to put phone in download mode, then plug into computer, it then installed drivers,
Then I rebooted computer. Then open Odin.

Offline taqulic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2011, 06:00:10 PM »
CWM Ver. 5.0.2.7 not working for me. I can flash it fine, the trouble is I can't get out of it.. no matter how I reboot, it always goes to recovery.

Offline DashBlacK

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MadTeam
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 12:36:03 AM »
CWM Ver. 5.0.2.7 not working for me. I can flash it fine, the trouble is I can't get out of it.. no matter how I reboot, it always goes to recovery.

You probably selected Reboot -> Recovery from the power menu. I know this is a bug. Try flash to stock ROM, then CWM5 and reinstall CyanogenMod7.2 and dont forget the data-wipe. All should be working now.

Offline pdgonzalez

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 03:37:39 AM »
I am having trouble with CWM.  I flashed via odin and once cwm is flashed it reboots the phone.  once i turn off the phone and reboot into recovery every time i select something in recovery i get the error:
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:cant open /cache/recovery/last_log

this occurs on every thing i try to do and i can only turn off the phone with either a battery pull or holding down power.  In reading the comments I saw that I needed to do a data wipe, however I do not know how to do this. i cannot wipe data via cwm and when i tried to do a factory reset in the settings it just took me back to cwm and i got the cant open/cant mount errors again.  im not sure if i am doing something wrong or missing something that is obvious but any help would be appreciated